Tuesday, August 14, 2007

North's Life Celebration and Service Information

Hello and warm blessings of peace and thanks to everyone who loves and supports us. For some I imagine this blog may be the first time news of North's (or Norman McKinnon's) passing has reached you. If so, please read the blog below this one for clarity and comfort about what took place last Saturday, August 11th.

Obviously this is a strange and indescribable time for us. It is difficult beyond words to assimilate this change. We keep saying to each other how surreal it is. Zach and North's mom Mary and his brother Bruce are here at our home with me and we are all doing amazingly well. His other brother Bill and his wife Alison will arrive on Thursday and Cousin Dan on Friday. Having eachother and allowing the space for each of us to be and feel whatever is there is so helpful. Also, the love, help, e-mails, prayers and phone calls from friends and family continually sustain us, as does the great love we all still feel in our own way from North/Norman.

A Celebration of Life/Memorial Service will be held for Norman (North) Arnold McKinnon III this Saturday, August 18th, 2007 at the Costa Mesa Senior Center at 1:00pm. The address is 695 West 19th Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92627. All who have been touched and inspired by his journey in any way are welcome and encouraged to attend.

In honor of the life and inspiration of this great and courageous man, memorial donations can be made to the McKinnon Healing Fund. These donations will be gratefully collected and distributed to various charitable organizations at the creative discretion of his son, Zach. He is proud of and looking forward to this opportunity to share the power and love of his father with the world in this way. (Please note the donation is a memorial one.)
These donations can be made three ways:
- Checks made out to the McKinnon Healing Fund and mailed to our home address of 257 Avenida Madrid, unit A, San Clemente, CA 92672
- They can be sent directly to the bank account (info at top of blog page)
- Or they can be made with a credit card through PayPal from our www.northandstef.org website

Those who wish to send flowers can have them delivered to our home OR the senior center for the service. If the latter, it has been requested they be delivered at or soon after 11:00 am on Saturday.

Now that the logistics are over, at least for the moment, a note from my heart to share...
Our beautiful white dove seems to sing at just the right moments, when my grief or tension or overwhelm threaten to take over. I also feel gentle reminders from my sweet husband. I feel my shoulders draw back and hear him asking me, as he did one week ago today, to keep my shoulders back and to keep being courageous for him and he would be for me. And I see him in my mind that night at the hospital when he made his fingers move in a walking motion (like the yellow pages ad) and then wrote on a piece of paper as he looked at me... "One step at a time love."

That is all any of us can do and the only thing that keeps me going these past several days... Thank you my husband. I feel the love so strongly in my heart, both for you and from you.. still.. now and forever. I love you sweetheart.

Stef

8 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about North. My prayers are with you all.
Sincerely,Lara

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jenny,

Thanks for sending the information about North's memorial. Roger and I were so touched by our meeting with him that we are planning to be there.

If the format for the memorial is such that people will be allowed to share their words or other offerings to North's memory, we would be willing to share a song. If not, we will surely be blessed to be witnesses there to honor his wonderful life.

Let us know if there will be time for sharing and if a song would be appreciated, and we will come with our guitars.

Thanks for your loving attention to all of the details you have so generously taken care of for Stef and North's family now......you are an angel!

Blessings,
Artemisia & Roger Hunt

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you to all the Goddess Babes, who loving keep us informed of the latest information at hand. Big Kisses to Jenny for all your loving updates, to keep us in the loop with the knowledge of what has been the journey and then what is taking place next, so we can all be on the same page. Hugs all around!

My Dearest Stef: There are no words to help the sorrow and tears now, just know that my heart is sending a stream of loving light (beautiful pink and gold) right to you --- warm and direct from our God Source. I have invited to be at your side Master Jesus and Kuan Yin (Goddess of Mercy and Compassion). You my dear Stef are a light and strength that North and your Goddess Babes have looked up to, learned from and have bath in throughout this journey --- thank you for that precious time you let us share with you on this awakening!
Lv Diana

Our Dearest North: Thank you for sharing Stef with us (as freely and lovingly as you did) and opening your heart, to burst open ours -- that we may learn from your journey into the next reality of what is --- you were a way shower -- as you continue on a new phase of your quest, please keep showing us the way!
Lv Diana

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jenny,
Please tell Stef she is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. Her strengh and her love, her acceptance of North's passing and her belief that this isn't the end for them...well, it makes my eyes leak and my heart swell. She is a most amazing woman indeed. Blessings to her, her family, North's family and all their friends.
Namaste,
Shirley

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jenny, we are still in Scotland, home late the 18th. Please give Stef a hug for me, and we will ckeck with you once back. Funny, as we walk through Edinburgh, I keep noticing the name Mckinnon....it seems to be everywhere the last 2 days....so our thoughts are with you Stef, the family and friends of north. I will always think of the christmas party several years ago at my house, and seeing how happy they both were with each other. Please give my condolences to Stef. Love Susie and Rose Rodgers

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Lupita Diosdado said...

Dear Stef,
Maybe you don`t remember very well. I am Lupita Diosdado, from México and attended a Patricia Crane´s Workshop almost three years ago.
I don`t know how to express my sorrow but saying that I hope God gives you the peace you need now.

Sincerely, Lupita.

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you and your family strength, finding it in your husband's love and your life together, and all you gained and learnt from each other. I know his spirit will be with you to guide and support you and your family.Here is a verse I read at my baby grand-daughter's funeral, for my son and daughter-in-law, I hope it brings you comfort.

Although you cannot see or touch me
I will be near.
And if you listen with your heart, you will hear…
All of my love around you, soft and clear.

I am your angel, though I have moved on
I am there with you…
But sometimes you may not know
For I will be there in silence,
I will warm you in the night…
A gentle touch to warm your soul……
Or a beam of shining light.
I’ll be a smile for you
For an angel is there with you…
And you will feel the love I bring.

With kindest regards
Dorothy
Hamble, U.K.

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stef and Zack,
I just want to let you both know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Norman and I went to Maryville High School together and I remember what a kind and compassionate young man he was. He treated everyone the same - no matter of race, sex or social status. He was always smiling and had an amazing aura which surrounded him. I last spoke to Norman about 10 years ago when I was going through some tough times. He provided words of encouragement which helped me cope with the situation I was in at that time.

I will always remember his smile and I know that he continues to smile upon the lights in his life...his family. May his legacy live on.

Hugs to all of you,
Debbie Rudd
Maryville, TN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home