Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Without You and Visits, I'm Up A Creek

(Click to enlarge- It is me, in the Little River in TN)

My Dear friends,

Without you I would really be up a creek without a paddle. As you can see, at one time I experienced that... not a pretty picture. Your letters, calls for visits and offers to help have not gone unheard. I simply have not had the energy to respond directly. But that is changing.

Your Letters- I am now finding enough energy to sort through my email and cards filled with prayers and well wishes. There are close to 400 emails alone from over 150 sources and that is plenty for my to catch up on. The speed of my recovery and safe emergence from surgery is directly related to these and all forms of support we have received. Please be patient as I intend to respond with a note of gratitude to all. It is the least I can do. I am so very grateful.

Your Visits- I have received several calls and emails for visits. I am so ready for company. By this weekend we hope to have posted ways how you can visit and continue to help. Just know it has to be in small doses still. My energy level can drop suddenly, and I have to zone into a healing nap.

On-going needs- My Mom has been here since I got home almost two weeks ago. She will be here through the 23rd. She has been my primary cook and on the spot support person. What a blessing she has been and continues to be. Her presence has given Stef the opportunity to catch up on her work and her own space. Stef continues to nurture me with heavenly care, but she needs balance too. Hence, we are asking for support with daily meals and other simple tasks going forward. I will continue to regain strength, but in about 2-3 weeks I start radiation and chemo and from I have been told, my energy level will likely remain unpredictable during those 6-8 weeks. So, a more formal request and description of how you can help will be posted soon. Several of you have already donated you talents and time to help. Each has freed me to continue to focus on healing and for that I am so grateful.

Again, thanks for being my friends, my light and my paddle. Your love and care have made a tremendous difference in my life.

WIth Much Love and Life,

North

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home