Monday, April 03, 2006

Dan the Man

I wanted to take a few lines and say how much I appreciate my cousin Dan Morrison. Dan, it has already been said a few times on this blog, but I want to fully endorse the fact that you are a very bright light in my life. You came here and demonstrated what it is like and the impact any of us can have when we "let our light shine" as stated by Marianne Williamson's in her most frequenly quote.

You demonstrated your capacity for taking the most difficult information and putting it into focus for solid decisions. In the midst of the chaos of the last month, you helped me make a variety of decisions that will long impact my recovery in positive ways.

You brought your courage to face the the worse and I hear that you still were able to create a warm social evening to comfort others after long days at the hospital. Since the 1960s you have marched into many a cause that was for the right reasons- thank you so much for marching into this one- saving my life, being so out spoken about Zach's care and keeping my beloved Stef strong and capable.

Thank you for your generosity- you have given us so much, emotionally and financially, while giving up important time at work and at home. You came here on a day when both your carpet and your yard was being replaced in record down pours in Hawaii. Thank you, Vicki (Dan's wife) for taking up all the slack at home. Just as in the past, I saw you override your own immediate wishes and went racing into the middle of difficulty for others. You have pursued finding a cool way to deal with some of the uncomfortable outcomes. I'm really looking forward to my new eye patches. Thank you again.

And the biggest strength that you brought with you this time was your own humility. There are countless decisions, actions, and conversations that you offered out of complete humility. You seldom will claim your own part in the play. You have always preferred to let your efforts speak for themselves. Well, this time my friend, cousin, and my brother people are still talking. As in other places you have impacted, you made a lasting impression here, Here are a few more of my favorite images of you both ealry and more recent. In each know, I see a brave, tender and loving soul with a very bright light.

Much Love Always,
North


LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE! by Marianne Williamson
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful
beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.

There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
our prescence automatically liberates others.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home