Sunday, April 16, 2006

What EyePatch?


Happy Easter! Here I am modeling one of several decorated eyepatches that my cousin Dan got me. Please take a few minutes today and read my latest Journal entry. http://northsjournal.blogspot.com/ I am coming to terms with accepting fully all of who I am, including this situation. Its all about a matter of perception. I hope in some small way it may benefit you.

Today, Christians recognize the resurrection of Christ. Yet, there is the peculiar ritual of the Easter Hare and finding and eating the decorated Eggs. This morning I watched a mother hide eggs across the canyon for her kids. She was dressed in a lavender warm-up and was creatively finding all the best places to hide the brightly colored eggs. I took a few minutes and looked up these concepts. Easter comes from the Saxon fertility Goddess, Eostre, still worshipped in parts of Scotland. In symbol dictionaries, the Hare is associated with sacrifice. This is not a victimhood or martyrdom, but about willingly giving up something to divinity. To surrender something we are attached to. The Egg represents both the Moon (on the outside) and the Sun (the yolk on the inside). There is an ancient message in this childish game. I believe it is about giving up that which we hold most dear to our ego, and then finding the truth of who we are and ingesting that into the heart of our consciousness. As we do that, others may see us as caught in some tragic loss or in denial about how serious a problem we are ignoring. Yet, as children dance with delight at finding Easter Eggs, we can too. We can fully celebrate the new life we discover within our inner egg, As we claim the egg as our own, we can start out again whole. Seeing who we fully are, for the first time.

Happy Easter Egg Hunting!

North

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear North,

I was so glad to see you and Stef at the Center last night to be with Barbara Marx Hubbard.

I love your story of Easter and the Easter egg symbology of owning our own egg. You inspire me, and here I am wanting to inspire you. Yes, God is with us always and in all ways, wanting for us all good and healing.

Thanks and love,

Joan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home