Monday, March 06, 2006

Update from Bob 3-6-06

Ok Gang my first attempt at an update, well actually my second as the first one got lost which is not enhancing my mood. :)

Over the last few days...The following has transpired.

Lawrence worked on North's car. Cool

Fran has generously offered to help with housework...a plan of action needs to be developed this week.

Nick has ordered, as promised, a juicer, should arrive by Wednesday.

Joel has ordered a 5.8 ghz phone, and offered to help with PC problems.

I have been contacted with offers of financial help, and a request for a way to contribute anonymously, so Jim and I are working a suitable vehicle to accept such donations.

Tom Breen has contacted the landlord about arrangements to help cover rent. He also has managed to gather some cash donations already that he will deliver this week, as well as some clothing in response to North's call for clothing of the 32" variety.

Diane has offered to help in our efforts to develop a fund raising event. She is a professional storyteller.

Shelia is working on insurance issues, and with John on state and federal programs that may be available to help.

Aimee has offered to help on the office reorganization project, and is available on Tuesday and Thursday evening and next Saturday.

Did I miss anyone? Sorry

Ok now for new needs

North needs help posting stuff on eBay, as a way to raise cash. He has set up an eBay store, which may need some refineing, but mostly he needs helping photographing and managing his inventory of stuff he wants to move.

We are also looking for temporary lodging for relatives that may come to help out after North's operation. More later as I get a handle on when and who.

Ok all for now.

Ho

Bob

3 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Joel Bishow said...

Bob,

I have an Emmett Miller CD from Lawrence and Fran to deliver (with the phone). Also, please see an entry by Denis F. ("comments" link under Immediate Needs List) He has offered to help with Accounting.

With regard to contributing anonymously, I have a possible anonymous donor, so please keep me apprised.

I imagine I could help with the Ebay stuff. Again, I need to speak with North & Stef when they get back in town.

Joel

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - For what it is worth, I have space in my home in Glendale for out of town guests. It is not convenient to the hospital or North's home, but if someone was willing to make the drive from LA county and needed a room to stay in, I could accommodate them. Signed - North's former "counselor" from E&Y

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bob and all of you wonderful friends. Thank you all for everything you are doing to help at this time. With all of the family in Tenn. it is so uplifting to know "things" are being taken care of before they are asked for. Don't know just when I'm coming out, but I will be there when needed. Looking forward to thanking each one of you. Mama Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home