Friday, May 05, 2006

Ole! I'm On My Way


Happy Cinco De Mayo,

I started Clearing and Recreating on Wednesday with a little help from friend s in the Chemotherapy and Radiation Units at UCI. So far its about healing and that is what I expect it to continue to be. I am home, now on Friday afternoon, from my last Radiation treatment for the week. Feeling a bit slugish and quizzy, but ok. My schedule is M-F every week for the next six weeks. M,T,T,F I have radiation with an hour of hydration beforehand. Those are short days (12-2pm). Wednesdays are long days 8:30am to about 4pm. This is my Chemo day with an additional radiation treatment.

We had a bit of unsettling news, on Wednesday. Seems the cancer made a jump from my lymph glands into my lungs. Two "very small" specs that showed up in a PET scan I had on Monday. The doctors believe the current plan will help to move those stray puppies on out to a higher pasture beyond this world. Please join with me in wishing them on their way.

So far family and friends are volunteering to get me to the center. Its about 1/2 hr drive in the car pool lane. We explored the local transit system, but the door to door access would take too long. Plus, we have been graced to have Kathy Saylor and Bruce Snyder work to schedule an ever changing routine. Because of them we are starting to see a little normalcy emerge in all the chaos. Plus, people are showing up to help with everything from getting our garage storage organized to bringing Stef dinner. I continue learn to surrender to knowing that all is well. If you are able to provide support, please let Bruce or Kathy know. The one benefit is that I will be happy to show you what a chemo treatment room looks like and how the process works. Its worth de-mystifying this disease.

Now that High School track is almost over, Zach is going to be pitching in as well. He is in the League Championships this evening for the 100M and 4X100 Relay. They hope to set a new school record in the relay. I am so pround of him.

I will try to update more tomorrow.

Much Love and Life and Happy Cinco De Mayo!

North

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Stef and North,

How wonderful and reassuring it was to see you both last Sunday. It was healing for me just to be in your humble, sincere and oh, so vibrant energy. North, it is immediately apparent that this challenging walk has raised you to new heights of spiritual awareness. Thank you again for sharing the healing of your journey for all of us to grow with.

I see you surrounded by a cocoon of warm, assuring, blessed energy and the loving faces of all your guides and angels, as you are lifted up into the vibrations of renewed energy, calm, healing and gratefulness and—whatever is most desirous within your heart.

All is well. God Is.

I send you each my deepest love.
Grace Cadler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home