Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A day of healing (Moms surgery and more...)

Good Morning.
It is the last day of the 5th month of this year and also the long-awaited day of my Mom, Lynne's, shoulder surgery. North is home with is brother Bruce (who is taking him to treatments and helping with all sorts of little home projects) and I am at my Mom's computer in the home where I grew up in Lakeside (east county San Diego).
Currently my Mom is nervously puttering about getting last minute things done before she is unable to move her arm for at least a week. She has said numerous times that her experience is nothing compared to North's surgery, but the truth is that anytime anyone goes under anesthesia it is a bit scary and I know she is nervous about the surgery and what the recovery process will be like. We rode the horses last night (my absolute favorite kind of therapy) and she is determined to be back in the saddle much sooner than the doctor's recommended 6 months!
North just called her on the phone to wish her peace and wellness. He is so amazing. He found out yesterday that the radiation treatments are going to go longer than he thought, 10 days more for the IMRT type that really focuses in on key areas. The effects of the radiation are growing increasinly intense. There are areas on his face that are second degree burned and they look and feel beyond what I am sure you want to read or imagine.
SO... the truth is that this blog entry is a direct request for prayer and "high thoughts" of peace, wholeness and healing for both my Mom and North. These two key people in my life are beautiful and brave. And I know I am able and capable of providing just the right love and care on thier healing journey's. Because the healing is mine too, and everyone's who reads this.
SO I know the perfect outcome for my Mom's surgery... that she is calm and peaceful as she goes in and comes out, that the caregivers (doctors and nurses) are absolutely on purpose and Divinely guided and that all goes very very well.
I also know that North continues to find the strengtht and courage to "face" his healing in all ways and that all traces of cancer are permanently removed from his body.
Thank you God and thank you friends and I let it be and so it is.
Love and thanks and blessings,
Stef

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger North McKinnon said...

I love you so. Thank you for these wonderful words of encourgement, healing and inspiration. As we are kind and compassionate the Universe pours forth the best of all healing elixirs- Love. Tell you Mom the be sincere and kind with her Doctors and Nurses. Just as she is will all of us. It will open the flood gates to her healing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home