Monday, May 12, 2008

Louisiana and Mississippi in Pictures!

Oh My! Am I ever having a fabulous time in the South. "Loozyanna" the state where my honey was born- I LOVE it!
Old churches to swamp tours (yes, we were that close!)..






To a sunset dinner of crawdads and beer (Brother Bruce said I HAD to get them to really do it rght- messy but yummy!)

To joyfully joining up with Cousin Dan and Vicki for tours of the still recovering (sort-of and slowly) Mississippi coast and New Orleans, (nothing makes as clear the incredible devestation of Katrina - know here simply as "The Storm" as seeing the empty coast and loads of FEMA trailers - 3 years later) and 3 days of Jazz Fest in that amazing city - complete with soaking thunder showers, lots of beer, TONS of interesting people watching and some really great music. (Thanks for the hat Dan.) What a blast!

We stayed one night in the French Quarter and the rest of our time at one or the other of two homes of Dan and Vic's long-time pals Ted, Nanette and Trey. Thank you SO MUCH for your hospitality and for spoiling Barnie!
All throughout the time here I have eaten the best food I've ever had night after night! Seafood done right! Gulf Coast cuisine is my new hands down favorite .

It's the culture and history, beauty and energy of this area I love. But mostly its the people (and the food, I admit) that make it hard to move on down the road. But off I go now... Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina are next. Life is GOOD!





3 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Stef! SO great to hear from you and see the pictures!!! Huh?? Was that an ALLIGATOR???!!! Wow...sounds like you are having a blast! Good for you...Enjoy and be careful~Goddess Babe! Love and hugs, Jeannine XO

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That gator photo...i was thinking geez, that must be a postcard, cuz there is no way she is that close, and then I scrolled down and read, yes, we were that close, and then I think, goood thing Barney wasn't there, only to scroll down and see Barney on the boat in the next photo.....what a laugh! So the continuing adventures of Barney and Stef!!! I am green with envy, that NO Jazz Fest is supposed to be the BEST!!! I am glad you are having fun! Ck out Amelia Island if you can....it is right at the Florida/Georgia border beautiful spot! Love to you and Barney, be safe! Susie and Rose

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Stef...I'm amazed by your pictures...they're so rich and full of life. And it sounds like this trip for you has been just that, as well...so rich and full of life. I'm so proud of you for following your dreams, and for not allowing the practicality of daily life to sway you from this. This is YOUR time, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...no "I have to's", no "I should's" just a time to be yourself and to drink in all that your experience has to offer and to accept all the love that is there waiting for you along the way. To heal, and to just BE! Thanks for allowing us to share in your experience! Much love coming your way! (And love to you, Barney, as well!) -Jen Legier

 

Post a Comment

<< Home