Thursday, March 02, 2006

What's Going On?

WHAT IS MY SITUATION?
The official diagnosis is a lesion in my right sinus that has suffered damage from squamous carcinoma cells. In a word, I have Cancer. It is an invasive aggressive cancer that is poorly differentiated. That means its behaves very primitively... growing through and over everything. It also means that it is responsive to treatment.

WHERE IT IS?
The cancer is a maxillary sinus cancer. It is tumor that started in my right sinus cavity, extends down into my upper back jaw, through my right face up to just on the edge of my right eye orbit (socket). It is on the back side of the outer sinus area, so it is not visible. Hence it is the type that is hard to detect. For more information, please see the attached links. It has jumped to a lymph node under my right jaw line and is likely to be in a few others. IT IS NOT ANYWHER ELSE.

WHAT IT IS NOT?
This is not an ending of my life.

WHAT IS IT?
This is a beginning into a new level of consciousness and awareness of Love expressed in Stef's and my relationship in my life.

HOW YOU CAN HELP
We need help and positive thoughts. Its that simple. We have a small group of very close friends that are joining with us to help identify what is needed and how to coordinate information and offers of support. More details will be forthcoming on this Blogsite. In the meantime, know that we cannot possibly answer all the calls and email we are receiving, but we do listen to your messages and read our email. It is best to email us, because we need to keep our phone lines open and our cell phone minutes manageable.

6 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 Samuel 2:2
There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: Neither is there any rock like our God.
I pray that our Fathers strength overpowers your weekness, that his hands overtake all others during your healing process, that your hope comes from your belief that he is in control of all that is in your life and all that surrounds you.
North,Steph,Zach
I think of you often and will now keep you all in my daily prayers.
May the Lord our Father be your Rock during this time.
Blessing To You All,
Stephanie,Jackie,Dax,Eli

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman-
Sue called with the news of your illness. Please know that our prayers and best wishes are with you. Be strong, both mentally and physically, and realize that you are surrounded by many, many friends and family. Keep faith, keep positive and get well.

If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

With love and support,
Karen & Dennis DiBiase

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello North & Steph:

You have been in my constant thoughts and prayers these past days - currently I am on a mission to raise money.

I spoke with Carolyn Krusinski over the weekend - she thinks so highly of you North and felt a strong connection with you. She sends her love and support. She will be out here the first week in April.

She reminded me that your body may have cancer but your strong spirit does not, and that is who you are. I hope there is strenght in those words for you.

Please know that you have many people praying for you at this very moment and that we are all there to support you in this time.

With love, support and prayers,

Tom and Kathy Breen

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger DemiWebMan said...

Dear North & Stef,

Please know that I am frequently holding you guys in my thoughts. I see a
perfect outcome
to this phase of both North's and Stef's lives.

North, I am inspired by your words. I'm impressed by your outlook and
attitude, but not not surprised. Stef, you are indeed an Angel in your support
of North.

You guys are inspiration to all who hear your story. You are both indeed
loved.
God's speed to you both.

Namaste',
Demitrius >I<

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

north,i am a friend of bob harrison and barry neville.i met and sailed with you on the encinata race on bobs boat 2003.i can picture us talking of our children and enjoying the sail.you are in my prayers especially between now and the 23rd. blessings,larry de paulis,i was the big italian guy..

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

North and Stephoosh, I am in your (Global) Living Room Prayer Circle from St. Augustine, FL. I love you and I know your WHOLENESS AND ONENESS. I feel your heart, I feel your strength and I accept profound healing on every level. Your SPIRIT KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS. Your courage and expression are a gift to the world. Blessing you. Holding you and knowing your Wholeness and Holiness, LeeAnn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home