Friday, October 27, 2006

A Call For Support

Hi All,

I’ve been wondering what to write and even how to start. Since we met with the doctors, I’ve been upset, confused and struggling to find my footing. Its like I slipped into a big muddy hole and every time I’m about to step out, the earth gives way. Even sharing this is uncomfortable. The one thing that is clear is that our community of support is still strong, and we need your prayers and support more than ever.

Yesterday, I sat searching for a way out of the hole before I started writing, I was not having any success with the hole or what to write. Then Dr. Ed Taub sent me the below note. It was totally unsolicited and an answer to my predicament. He writes with strength and words that I wanted to express. This gave me some footing, so I’m forwarding it at his request. Please pass it on as he requests.

--------Forwarded Note From Dr. Ed Taub, MD------

Hello Everyone;

I asked North today how many were signed up for the upcoming Marianne Williamson seminar next week, and he tells me only about 35 people. This is troubling considering the fact that she has authored two NY Times #1 best sellers and is surely one of the greatest, living inspirational sages of our time. So here is a totally unsolicited appeal from one of North's physicians.

Only God knows how long North will be with us, so it would be good to take this unique opportunity to celebrate his life, now. Surely, the purpose of North's painful odyssey is to provide a renewed sense of courage and hope for all of us who know him. The strength and faith that sustains him and Stef, and the love that shines through both their triumphs and disappointments, are mythic in scope-- at a level attained by a Gandhi, a Martin Luther King, a Mother Teresa or a Nelson Mandela.

I have sent in my donation for 2 tickets and urge everyone to please do the same. Equally important, please pass the invitation along and urge your friends to attend an event that will provide an inestimable amount of nurture to all who are there.

With this note, I am requesting Stef to forward my appeal to everyone who receives North's blog, and to any other mailing lists she or other friends may possesses. This is just a call to action by a concerned physician who cares deeply for this couple--as I know everyone else does too. Thank you.


Edward A. Taub, M.D.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stef,
I was thinking about you today for some strange reason and maybe this is why.
I decided to do a web search to see if either yours or Sara's name would pop up. I tried yours first and up came a face from my past. I would never in my wildest dream think I would see my best friends' face from childhood pop up. You haven't changed in the past 20+ years and neither has your mom. Are the grapefruits still growing in your back/side yard facing the street in Lakeside?
I will keep you in my prayers along with your husband. Things have always worked out for you kiddo just remember that!! Wishing you and yours the best of a new year with plenty of good times ahead of you!!

Tracy McGinty-Seganos
Boise, ID

P.S.
I will check back later on to see if you had time to respond.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home